Tax Administration Baden-Württemberg:
- a modern, efficient administration characterised by team spirit
- more than 15,000 colleagues in the 65 tax offices in Baden-Württemberg
- successful in combating tax crime and illegal tax avoidance
Help us to become even better with your competence and commitment!
The collection of taxes is an important building block for a functioning community. Without tax revenue, the state would not be able to fulfil its sovereign tasks in areas such as environmental protection, education, internal security and social welfare.
Our highly qualified tax auditors make a significant contribution to the high tax revenue with their additional tax income of around 2.1 billion euros per year.
With your expertise, you can help to ensure that taxes are assessed fairly and that the financing of the community is guaranteed.
As an economic expert, you will investigate and assess tax-related issues. In contact with entrepreneurs, managing directors, tax consultants and lawyers, you will experience the diversity of entrepreneurial activities. You will quickly familiarise yourself with changing circumstances and tax issues. In doing so, you will have to work out focal points among various audit fields and make determined findings. A confident manner, good oral and written communication skills, the ability to work in a team, negotiating skills and assertiveness are required for this.
From day one, you will receive the support you need for a successful start. During a 24-month trainee programme, you will get to know the tax administration Baden-Württemberg and will be comprehensively prepared for your later work as a member of the tax audit department.
The necessary skills will be taught to you in a twelve-month trainee phase I
- in an introductory seminar at the
- in different working areas of a tax office as well as
- through supplementary theoretical training courses
is imparted to you.
In the trainee phase II, which also lasts twelve months, you will receive the full training required for a tax auditor. This includes the necessary training courses lasting several weeks, for example in interviewing and specific IT applications.
In trainee phase II, an experienced auditor colleague will be at your side as a mentor. In the last few months of your training, you will already be working on your own responsibility and will independently carry out several tax audits.
You have a (soon to be) completed university degree in business administration with a focus on taxation, in particular Bachelor of Arts in Taxation or Bachelor of Laws with a focus on finance, accounting and taxation.
Evidence of a tax focus may also be:
- passed the tax consultant exam
- additional training as a tax clerk, tax specialist or accountant or
- additional commercial or other relevant basic training with a prescribed final examination and proof of several years of commercial, business management or auditing activity, in particular as a bank clerk or industrial clerk
These are the qualities that set you apart:
- Sense of responsibility and willingness to cooperate
- Organizational skills and structured way of working
- Ability to work under pressure and assertiveness
- Communication and team skills
- Willingness to travel on official business (class B driving licence required)
- initially temporary appointment as a salaried employee with classification in pay group 9b TV-L
- Deferment after successful first trainee year
- Transfer of activities that correspond to the characteristics of pay group 10 TV-L after successful completion of the trainee period
- Relevant professional experience can be taken into account for the assignment of experience levels if the prerequisites are met
- attractive development opportunities up to grouping in pay group 13 TV-L
- if applicable, appointment as a civil servant (higher service) if the legal civil servant requirements are met and the candidate has the appropriate aptitude, qualifications and professional performance
- modern IT equipment
- qualified training
- comprehensive health management
- Support your mobility with the JobTicket BW
You should be on fire for your job - but you shouldn't burn out. That's why we take work-life balance very seriously. The tax administration offers numerous opportunities to reconcile professional and private spheres:
- family-friendly working time models including flexible working hours
- mobile flexible working through home office
- Part-time employment opportunities
- Parental leave for mothers and fathers
- Time off to care for dependents with guarantee of return to an equivalent job
- Leave of absence rules that are not possible in the free economy
Please send your detailed application with details of your preferred location by 31.03.2021 with the usual documents (PDF files) to:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Bollgönn or Mr. Weschenfelder from the tax audit department of the
For security reasons, only e-mail attachments in PDF format will be accepted and considered. Other file formats, such as WORD or ZIP will be deleted unopened. Our application process is multi-stage. After you have sent us your complete documents, we invite suitable applicants (m/f/d) to a written recruitment test. Here you can demonstrate your tax knowledge. If you pass the test, you will be invited to a personal interview.
The Financial Administration of the State Baden-Württemberg promotes the professional development of women and men equally. Applications from women are therefore welcomed. People with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if they are suitable and qualified.
In order to process your application, your personal data will be processed in accordance with Art. 88 of the Basic Data Protection Regulation in conjunction with § 15 of the State Data Protection Act. 15 of the State Data Protection Act and Section 3 (6) of the TV-L for the purposes of the application process.