Skip navigation

I own a holiday apartment on Mallorca. Can I claim the expenses for the caretaker service, which only takes care of mowing the lawn and watering the flowers during my absence, as expenses for a household-related service?

Yes, since the expenses were incurred in a household of the taxpayer in another EU country, the household-related employment relationships or service relationships there are also eligible. However, the maximum amounts for household-related services (20 % of the expenses, max. € 4,000) and for craftsmen's services (20 % of the expenses, max. € 1,200) can only be granted once in total. No independent maximum amounts apply to the household in the holiday home.

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.