Skip navigation

How can I apply for or change my tax class?

You must apply to the tax office for a change of tax class for spouses/partners. The application can also be submitted electronically at"My Elster". In cases where both spouses are affected by the change, such as in the case of marriage, both spouses must submit and sign the application together, stating the expected wages for the 2024 calendar year if the factor method is chosen, or in conjunction with an application for a wage tax reduction.

The employee must always provide proof of identity when appearing in person at the tax office.

A change from tax class combination III/V to IV/IV is also possible at the request of only one spouse/partner, so that both are placed in tax class IV/IV.

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.