Skip navigation

What documents do I need to submit for the marriage and tax class change?

  • Proof of identity (e.g. identity card or passport)
  • Document confirming the marriage (e.g. certified copy from the new family register or certified marriage certificate). If the registry office has already recorded the marriage in the registration data, these documents no longer need to be submitted to the tax office.
  • Application for tax class change for spouses/partners
  • The application can also be submitted electronically at My ELSTER if you are registered at ELSTER

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.