Skip navigation

How do I apply for the relief amount for single parents?

The relief amount for single parents is automatically taken into account when determining the wage tax deduction according to tax class II. If your electronic wage tax deduction characteristics show this tax class, you do not have to make a separate application.

If you were previously in a different tax class and now meet the requirements for tax class II (e.g. due to the birth of a child), please apply for a tax class change at your tax office of residence.

To submit your application, please use the "Application for Wage Tax Reduction " together with the "Children's Annex to the Application for Wage Tax Reduction". You can also submit the application electronically via


This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.