Skip navigation

Which activities can I claim as household-related services?

You can claim activities that are usually done by members of the private household, performed in the household, and for which a service agency or self-employed service provider is used or outside third parties are employed.

Examples include:

  • Mowing the lawn,
  • Painting walls,
  • Pruning shrubs,
  • Removing weeds,
  • Sweeping the yard,
  • ...vacuum..,
  • Cooking dinner.

The care of family members also falls under this. The tax reduction amounts to 20% of the expenses, up to a maximum of € 4,000 per year.

The services must be provided in a domestic household of the taxpayer or in the household of the aforementioned cared for or looked after person. Expenses incurred in a household located in the European Union or the European Economic Area are also eligible.

If nursing and care services are provided in a residential or nursing home for the elderly, however, it is not important that there is a separate household in the residential or nursing home. Corresponding expenses are also eligible even if there is no separate, self-contained household.

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.