Skip navigation

I drive 95 kilometres a day to my place of work. My tax office is now asking me to provide proof of my annual mileage. Do I have to comply with this request?

The commuting allowance is generally limited to € 4,500 per calendar year. If you drive your own car, a higher amount can be applied. In order to do so, however, you must prove or credibly demonstrate that you actually made all your journeys in your own car. This is done by proving the annual mileage, e.g. by means of a logbook, customer service and repair invoices, TÜV reports, etc.

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.