Skip navigation

What documents do I need to apply for childcare costs?

the invoice and proof of payment to the caregiver's account (transfer slip/account statement).

The following also count as an "invoice":

  • the employment contract in the case of an employment relationship subject to social insurance or a mini-job,
  • the notice of fees, e.g. about the kindergarten fees to be paid
  • a receipt, e.g. for ancillary costs for childcare
  • in case of an au-pair relationship, the au-pair contract, which shows which part of the total expenses is allotted to child care.

Please note: You do not need to submit these receipts together with your income tax return; it is sufficient to submit them to the tax office only upon request (obligation to keep receipts)

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.