Skip navigation

How do I apply to have a child over the age of 18 taken into account?

You submit an application for income tax reduction. You can submit the application in person or in writing by post to your local tax office. The application can also be submitted electronically via, provided you are registered with "My ELSTER".


If the application is submitted in person, the child allowance is usually noted immediately in the ELStAM. The employer can retrieve the child allowance with the next change list in the following month.

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.