Skip navigation

Can I still get an extension for submitting my tax return?

According to Section 109 of the German Fiscal Code, the deadline for filing a tax return can be extended (also retroactively). This requires an application to the relevant tax office, in which the personal reasons for the extension must be stated. Deadline extensions are only permitted in exceptional cases if the deadline is missed through no fault of the taxpayer. Applications can also be submitted via the online tax office My ELSTER.

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.