Skip navigation

What are the requirements for the care allowance?

The following are considered children

  • children related to you within the first degree (legitimate, declared legitimate, illegitimate and adopted children)
  • Children of your spouse or partner (stepchildren) and grandchildren whom you have taken into your household
  • Foster children with whom you are connected by a family-like bond calculated to last for a longer period of time

until they reach the age of 18. Beyond that, children can only be taken into account under certain conditions.

A transfer of half of the tax-free amount of the other parent to you is possible if

  • the child is a minor
  • You live separately and the child is only registered with you,
  • You state the transfer on the child annex to the income tax return and
  • the other parent does not object. The other parent can only object if he or she also looks after the child or assumes costs for the care.

This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.