Skip navigation

What documents do I need to apply for child benefit?

  • Children under 18
    • Household certificate from the registration office for children living in your household
    • Certificate of residence from the registration office for children living outside your household
    • Birth certificate, if it is submitted within six months of the child's birth and it states your place of residence.
  • Children over the age of 18:
    depending on the case, a school, training or university certificate, for example, and possibly proof of the child's weekly working hours must also be submitted.
  • disabled children:
    Disabled person's card or notice of determination from the district office (formerly pension office) or pension notice.


Further information for child benefit claimants


This page uses cookies. You can find out more information about the General Data Protection Regulation under Data protection.